Friday, June 27, 2014

surprise bass

I spent the morning up on the big t in the canyon, but only hooked and lost one fish. Wanting to break my skunk, I headed out to north lake park in loveland, hoping to catch a little stocker bow, but I also was looking for carp as well. After fishing for trout with various nymphs and streamer for 2 hours, I gave up and rigged up the 8wt with a trouser worm. I wandered around the lake trying to spot one but after 3 or 4 laps and only seeing one cruiser out deep, I about gave up. I saw a bit of nervous water out a bit deeper, and I pitched the fly out in front of it. I got a slight twitch in the line, so I set the hook, and the fish took off. It felt like a small carp, but when it surfaced, I got quite a surprise. It was the first bass I had ever seen out of this pond, and it was a big one too! It was only 16in, but it weighed just over 4lbs, and it was truly a football! My buddy took a few pics, and it went back on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment