Sunday, July 27, 2014

High Mountain Cutties

My dad and I headed to the hills yesterday around 4:30AM for some cutthroat action. We hiked into the lake, and immediately saw cruisers up shallow. I took off in the float tube, and quickly missed a fish. I then hooked a giant, who I lost after around 1 minute of fighting. I hooked up again around 10 ft down the bank, and got in my first fish, a 17in cuttie. I caught and lost a few more, and then we hiked to the next lake. My dad quickly lost a fish, and then caught a nice cuttie. I hooked and lost a brown, and quickly caught a nice brown. We went back to the first lake, and my dad got one on a dry, And after a while, he gave me the tube again. I went over and caught 4 more fat fish, all between 17 and 19in, along with losing a few. I hooked one trolling back over to return the boat as well, but I lost him. My dad went over and caught a few more, and to close off the day, he caught a big one trolling back to pack up. Overall, it was a killer day, and for the first time ever, I out fished my dad fly fishing 8 fish to 4! All fish were released. Video here: High Mountain Cutties
Tight Lines
Rob







No comments:

Post a Comment